CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Where do you find your motivation?

I want to hear from all of you on where you find your motivation. Especially when it comes to things like exercising, and eating right. I've found this will be a freaking lifelong project for me. One, I enjoy food! Two, I don't really enjoy being "thick". Three, I hate the actual part of exercising, but I loooooove how I feel when it's all said and done!!! Four, I hate going to bed early, it makes me feel old. I know I could get up in the morning and work out if I didn't go to bed so late. Plus, I have more energy to do it in the evenings vs in the morning, seriously, I'm a zombie in the mornings!!! Contradictory much Leslie? Ü

I had an experience this weekend of me figuring out that I finally wanted to upgrade my "juvenile" twin bed to a bigger bed. Once I find I want something, I don't stop thinking about it until I get it. And that can even go on for months!!! But when it's something I "need to do" it doesn't even work that way for me! What the... I'm trying to get started on my Dave Ramsey plan of getting out of debt. A bigger bed, is a want and not a need right? Sigh. I decided I needed to get my mind off of it completely and wrote a list down of things I need to work on and accomplish. Doing that helped me forget about getting a bigger bed, and my desire to get my "get out of debt" plan rolling and moving. I'll reward myself with a bigger bed when that's all said and done. (Thanks for your insight Jalaine!)

On my list was going to the gym or working out outside for my training and eating right. That's a HUGE focus. Writing that list made something within me "click" and I'm motivated to be faithful in my training for the Ragnar Relay. BUT! The motivation is somewhat short lived. I need to figure out how to be motivated in a long term basis. Why is that so hard? It's really not! But it is! Ü

So my friends, where do you find your motivation? DO TELL.

2 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

Dearest Leslie - I have no motivation. I have nothing to offer in the way of advice or suggestions. In fact, if you could just let me know what you learn - that'd be great. I have been trying to get motivated myself to loose the baby weight and get my hubby to a healthy weight and it's not going so well. At least you are thinking about it and have a race to work towards. that's a step in the right direction!

Jalaine Lassek said...

I need motivation too LOL So I've got nothing LOL