CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Phone for ransom...

My previous post mentioned that I just got a Blackberry. I've been waiting for it to arrive via fed ex the last couple days. I got an email that gave me the tracking number, so I've been watching where it's at. Last night, I saw that it arrived in SLC. This morning I saw that it was in Orem. I checked it not too much later, and it said it was in transit for delivery!! I was expecting to get my phone tomorrow, so I was super excited and jumping up and down!!! (Not grossly jumping up and down mind you... just a little jiggy dance. lol.)

I had the phone delivered to my work... and it turned out the secretary that sits in the front was out sick today. My cube is upstairs, so there was no way I could be downstairs to anxiously await the arrival of my Blackberry by the Fed Ex man. So I went down and talked to the ladies in Administration, Janet was one of them who I've known since I was the age of 6, and asked f they would pay attention for the Fed Ex man and answer his ring when he comes in! They knew I was excited and anxious.... How? Because I was jumping around in little jumps and clapping really quickly. Yeah, I looked pretty rediculous. They said they'd keep an eye out for me. Soon after that I had to stop and talk to some co-workers that were down by the Admin ladies and then I went back upstairs. I passed my mailbox on the way, and saw that I had a piece of paper in it. My eyes went wide with shock when I saw this!!!!

Oh, still can't read the post it??? Keep reading.....

Someone had my Blackberry phone for ransom!!! I thought of my coworkers that like Diet Coke, and looked at the handwriting. I thought it was Kay.... and she looked at me when I asked her if it was her and said, "Would I really do a thing like that?!" I totally laughed, because she would!!! Nonetheless, she gave me a Diet Coke since she had a twelve pack at her desk to prove to me it wasn't her that had my Blackberry for ransom, and I proceeded to the next person I thought it could've been. My boss, my uncle, the evil man. He was in a meeting, and I thought, "Oh! that would be so like him since he knew I was excited to get my phone and he was going to help me set it up!!!" So I went and left this on his desk.

Oh, can't read that? Look further...


As soon as David was out of his meeting about an exruciating hour and a half later, I saw him and stopped him dead in his tracks and said, "YOU! Oh you're evil... just evil. How can you do that to me?!" He looked at me like I was being silly and said, "What are you talking about?!" So I proceeding to tell him and show him the "ransom" note and he laughs and says to me, "Oh my Leslie, that's Janet's handwriting!!!" (He grew up with her.... so he'd know her handwriting I guess.) And said, "No it isn't, she doesn't drink soda at all, why would she want a Diet Coke?!" Then it hit me, Marcie the other Admin lady DOES!!!" GASP!!! I went walking on down there, and I could hear them giggling, since they could hear me walking towards them. Evil evil ladies. They held my phone for ransom!!!! I gave Marcie the Diet Coke, and they kept on giggling. WOW. They made fun of me for a little bit, I gave them grief for a little bit. We all chuckled for a little bit. And I went on my merry way with my brand spankin' new phone, two hours after it's delivery. Lucky me. I've been playing with it all day, and I've gotta say, it's pretty dang cool!!!!

When I left work today, I passed by my mail bin, in it was the Diet Coke I gave Marcie. lol. Such evil little women. Serves me right being so excited! lol.

5 comments:

hillary said...

LOL! I miss you guys! That is the funniest thing! Congrats on the new phone! Tell everyone hi for me!

Jalaine Lassek said...

I love the new phone- have you figured it all out yet?!
Thanks for the fun last night!

Melissa@thebblog said...

Sounds like you have way too much fun at your workplace! Glad you finally got your BB

La La Land said...

I LOVE this post!!! Let's be blackberry friends!

The Porters said...

hahaha can I see that jiggy dance you did sometime?? This was hilarious!!