CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

A birthday is just another day, or is it?

I turned 34 years old last Friday. All last week my family and friends would ask me what I wanted for my birthday or ask me what I wanted to do for my birthday. My inititial response the majority of the time was, "Well, I'm working I know that for sure... but really, it's just another day!!" Truly, that's how I felt about it.

I had dinner with Kim Tuesday night at The Trolley. Our fun old spot me, Kim and Laura would always go to. I hadn't seen her in months! So I got to have dinner with her and her sweet little baby girl and Kim bought! Nice of her, and wasn't expected since I asked her to dinner in the first place! It was much fun to catch up. I wish I got a picture of us... I even had my camera with me! bugger! Sorry Kim!

My roommate Danelle made me an Ice Cream Cake Roll. Oh my goodness, it is delicious!! She gave it to me on Wednesday. lol. I still have some left if anyone wants to come over for some. Ü Thanks Danelle!


It was great to have Thursday the 24th off! But heading back to work for just one more day was such a bummer. However, Friday was my birthday and it got started off pretty good! Thanks to Jalaine and Dana! I was sitting on my bed reading a book and watching a movie (yes, that's what I said) when I got a text from Jalaine at 11:45 saying, "Someone's at your door". I was like "huh?" I went to my door and there stood Jalaine and Dana with a balloon in hand and a pink gift bag! (Swedish Red Fish was the gift! yum-o!) They surprised me! They said they wanted to kidnap me and take me out for ice cream, but being that it's Provo and nothing's open late, they took me over to Ihop, our old stomping grounds in the olden days when we were first hanging out. Haha, the memories. It was good times, and I felt loved! Thanks girls!!!


I went to work, and my coworkers had made plans to take me to lunch at Bajio's. About an hour before we were to leave, there was an announcement sent out saying we were having lunch brought in from Two Jacks Pizza since it was crazy busy and more than half the company was gone. I was bummed! I wanted to at least get out for my lunch break! (Plus, we were having homemade pizza at my moms house that night... haha) I got over it... we had a great lunch, pizza, ice cream etc. on the clock, so hey, I couldn't complain! About two pm David calls me into his office, he's my boss yes, but also my uncle. But this was a "boss" talk. He was all serious and said he needed to talk to me about a couple things. At first I was like, oh no... but it was all good and things did need to be talked about. But in the midst of it, he gets a message saying that my coworker that's next to me needs me. I was like, "What the heck? She knows I'm in there with you and she still im's you that she needs me?!" What the random! I come out of his office, and into my cube and it was decorated with streamers, balloon confetti, balloons on my chair and a Happy birthday crown! I was SHOCKED!! My coworker wouldn't tell me who did it... and I was just speechless. Jalaine and Dana and little Lexi come walking down the corner! They did it AGAIN!!!! I had to ask if there were any MORE surprises! lol. Funny girls, that made my day!

Sorry Jalaine... I never wore this crown. lol.


After work I went to my moms where extended family, mostly the Long-West-Woods clan and friends would be there. Mom made grill pizza dough and had a variety of toppings anyone could make if they wanted. I think it was too crowded, so it was mostly, Jana, Kara, Mike and my mom making the pizzas. All the little girls got to swim in my moms pool (no, not an in the ground pool, if she had one, I'd have been swimming right with them!) while the adults visited and hung out. It was pretty chill. We sat outside, and just hung out. The Sunset was gorgeous through the trees! My mom had bought a cake, and made this angel food cake, and put this 7 minute icing on it. lol. That was kind of random but ended up pretty good! I was hoping we'd all play card games and such, that didn't work out.

Here are some pictures of the night! I didn't take a lot of pictures, I feel bad some people are missing on here! But that doesn't mean I don't love them!!!! I have a picture of my mom laughing with Dan, but I don't think she'd like the picture of her at all, so it's not up. lol. Still love her though! Thanks for all your efforts mom!!!!!


Kelly, Evan, Lexie and Jalaine... I love these to kids, they are just so cute!!!

I have the cutest nieces... they are sweethearts! They gave me a coupon for Dinner at Yapona in Lehi. Sushi yeah!! Thanks guys!!

Hehe, this is Zoe... I "lub" her. She's got such a personality!! She was cracking me up all night and I even got kisses from her! CUTE!! She was so loving this night, and so talkative! "Love you Leslie!" Oh I just love her.

See how funny Zoe is?! Hahaha, I love this picture. She cracks me up.

Mike giving me the birthday cake... I'm so glad there wasn't 34 candles on there. haha.




David and Lindsay! The sunset was unbelievable!

Stetson! He's such a great cousin, I have fun with this kid!

The Girvin girls! Shannon, Jalaine, little Lexie (such a model pose she's got going on there!) me and Dana. Love them!

All in all, it was a fun evening and I enjoyed everyone's company. My mom asked me if I had a good birthday, and I could honestly tell her that it was a good birthday! Jalaine was saying to me the other day, "Yeah, it's just another day, but I wanted to do something for you and I had fun doing it!" Well, she may have had fun doing it, but I sure had fun being surprised! It really ended up not being "just another day". Thanks to my friends and all my family! Ü

6 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Les! I couldn't text you on your birthday because after I got in the car (from having dinner with you) and opened my phone the screen was just a jumble of colors and has been ever since! So, I got a new one but now have nobody's numbers! I am going to Verizon today to see if they can transfer them off my old phone. I was glad we at least got together a few days before--which was SO fun! Looks like you had an awesome day! Love ya!!!

Jalaine Lassek said...

It was so much fun spending your birthday with ya! Hope all the surprises made your day :) Greg didn't know about the office lol I was showing him pictures and he said huh I didn't know you did that at her work lol Funny I forgot to tell him lol

hillary said...

Happy Happy [belated] Birthday! I suck! I totally thought about sending you a card a couple of weeks ago but then I forgot! I'm glad you had a good day & that Jalaine made it so fun! Love you!!!

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday - looks like you had lots of fun and lots of chances to eat cake - what is better than that?!?

ScottandTia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LESLIE!!! looks like you had a great birthday, kinda disappointed you didn't wear that crown though :) that would look good on you! Scott said to tell ya happy birthday too!!!

La La Land said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I am back, so can we have a do-over at the Trolley and take pictures this time? I love you and can't wait to see you!