CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day...

Today was kind of a cool day. Today would have marked the 5th Memorial Day since my dad has passed away. Strange how fast time flies. But it didn't really feel like Memorial Day so much to me, like how it's been in the past. It was also my niece Micaela's birthday. We all went to see Indiana Jones at 11, then proceeded over to my Aunt and Uncles for a bbq birthday party for Micaela where there was lots of good food and funny times. (Food coma anyone?) There were some missing in my family due to work and traveling, but we were all together, just like we've been for the past few years on Memorial Day.

I have to admit, it was a nice distraction that it was Micaela's birthday, but my dad was never far from my mind. In reality, I was grateful we were all together, and celebrating Kayla's birthday. Life and Death are two different things in life, and they both bring intense feelings into your soul. I like to think, even though the focus wasn't on my dad today... it kinda of was, since we were celebrating together as a family the joy of our sweet Micaela and that actually was a good way of remembering my dad I think! It's how it should have been! It's exactly how he would have wanted it!! Memorial Day doesn't need to be a day of sorrow and tears! But a day of good memories and time together. And we did just that.

Yes indeed, it was kind of a cool day.

2 comments:

The Porters said...

Hey Leslie, I saw your name on Jalaine's page and figured I would say hi :) I love this blogger thing its so easy to keep in touch with people :) Except of course los hermanos and joe banditos lol :)

Kim said...

I LOVE the new pic you put on--too cute! I also love the pic with the short hair on your MySpace. I think you're adorable no matter what! We need to get together sometime in the next CENTURY!