CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

I love Fridays off!!!

I get every other Friday off of work. I look forward to this every time. I have to work 36 hours in four days to get that Friday off. Then the next week, I have to work at least 45 hours to get the complete 81 hours of work time. Sometimes I work more hours, other times I just make my hours. Depends on my work load, my mood, and desire for over time money. haha. Which lately, is definitely there! I worked a little over 40 hours this week, and was READY for my Friday off.

So, today I slept in a bit. Went to the offices of where I currently live, and signed another year contract to stay. It was great to not have to come up with First and Last months rent and a deposit on top of that. All we had to do was sign on the dotted line! AND we don't have to move for another while. SCORE. From there I proceeded to the mall to buy a couple of tankini bathing suit tops for my July trip to Lake Powell. I must've tried on at least a couple dozen tops in two different stores! The problem wasn't that I was feeling fat, oh no. The problem was I had too much cleavage going on, and they weren't "family friendly" for Lake Powell! AH! I always have my nieces coming up to me, looking at me with this look in their eye that seems to say, "Oh Les, here we go again...." and they'd pull up the front of my shirt that would be showing a little somethin' somethin'. MAN! I wasn't wanting to have to deal with that at Lake Powell. I really wanted to find something decent looking, cute... but not showing a whole lotta hoohahs so I could be a good example to my nieces and have the other adults feel more comfortable with what I was wearing. Seriously, it was a big deal and I wasn't going to pay $100 for a modest tankini top that had padding and underwire! NO SIR! I was bummed. Jalaine called me while I was at Dillards, and asked me what I was doing. I went into the whole thing and mentioned I had to go to the other mall. She was already up there, and we both hadn't eaten so we met each other at Jason's Deli. A fun casual place with a variety of things if you haven't eaten there. Give it a try sometime. Not the hottest place ever, but it's decent. We walked over to the University Mall from there, and I was going to go look at the bathing suits at Gap while Jalaine returned baby Gap clothes for Alexis. Well, on our way there, I saw in the back of the Shade Clothing store, BATHING SUITS!!! I ended up going there and trying some on. I left the store with a purchase of three different things! Two Tankinis, and a bikini bottom for one of the tops. YES!!!! Finally the search is over and I don't have to do that dumb crap anymore. lolol.


These are the new tops I got... the black one is actually a brown top. It ties on the neck, then ties in the back leaving a little whole in the back. It's different but I love it! I got a brown bikini bottom for it. The pink one up is actually purple... that's definitely different, because it has these little buttons in the center. lol. Jalaine kinda made fun of it, but hey it'll do the job. And I spent under a$100 dollars! You can't beat that now can ya?! Super Stoked!

From then, I finished my errands that were much needed to run. Then went back to Jalaine's. We got to talking about her new place and she was telling me that she wanted to paint Alexis's room and we went up to look at what she could do. We got on a roll, and I got the brilliant idea that we should go down to Mapleton to mom's house and look at her Faux paint that she's done to her house. She has two different rooms with different colors of Faux paint. They are GORGEOUS! Shelby has a great Faux paint technique she and Mike did for their girls rooms, a Faux paint with subtle lines going down. So, we took pictures of Alexis's room, grabbed her hand and feet print and baby blanket from her crib for color suggestions. Not to mention we grabbed two buckets of left over paint that's already in her basement and off we went! Talk about spontaneous for us! lol. We'd been together since 2 in the afternoon, and were driving down to Mapleton at 745!!! When Jalaine and I are together, time really flies. Guess that means we are having a lot of fun. Tee hee. We sat on my moms back patio, ate dinner, talked to mom, Jalaine saw the painting job my mom had done. I think she got some ideas. It's off to Home Depot for her and Greg and the rest is up to them! I think Alexis's room will look great no matter what they choose to do. But I say, can't go wrong with any kind of Faux painting! To Be Continued.....!!! So that's that. My Friday was great! Accomplished my list of things to do, and I have a free Saturday to just chill!

Was going to head up to Park City today to see the final run of the Wasatch Relay, the 175 mile race my co-workers are doing. My uncle is doing it. I was going to do it, but had my surgery in May, so decided it was best not to do it. BOY AM I SO GLAD I'M NOT DOING IT!!!!! Check out the website... crazy stuff!!! http://www.ragnarrelay.com/wasatchback/index.php My uncle David has been up since 430 am yesterday morning, and they run all through the day and night into today. His group had the first leg, so they'll be done earlier today. The other group won't be done until later tonight, so I'm not going up anymore since my uncles group decided to come home and not do the closing ceremonies. I don't blame them! But apparently this is a fun race... hard and exhausting, but fun. Can't say I'm dying to do it next year. haha. I was going to be doing this! I lucked out! But it would have been quite an accomplishment. Kudos to David for completing this race.

Time to go play!

3 comments:

Jalaine Lassek said...

I did not make fun of your swimsuit! You crack me up lol We did have a lot of fun though :) Thanks for all the ideas!

Jalaine Lassek said...

OKay- you need to do another update :-P
Maybe we should go to the grocery store LOL I'll take the pictures for ya :)

hillary said...

I love the top w/the buttons! I've been having the same swimsuit issue so I'm headed to their website right now!