Today's been a day full of little epiphany's here and there. Well, not really epiphany's per se, just things I knew deep down already, but it just hit me on the head and rang true. I saw this saying today, "If you don't have a dream, how are you going to have a dream come true?". It got me thinking all sorts of things. If I'm wanting things in life, it's up to me and no one else. If I just sit around and wait for it, it's not going to happen. If I want it, then I need to think it and put it into action, then will things come to fruition. I'm so thankful I caught that saying today!
I want to do things that enrich my life. Give me experiences, stories and such. I want to be spontaneous. And the last couple of days, I have been just that! I have decided, I'm going to be open to doing things, no matter how tired I feel or whether or not I want to do it. Next week I'm going to hike up to Timpanogas Caves with my work for our quarterly activity. I'm not looking forward to it for the only reason being I'm soooo out of shape. But I'm going regardless! I've never been! It'll be an experience! I should hike the "Y" mountain, since I've never climbed it and I've lived here for 11 years this coming June. (Thanks Jalaine for making me think about that one!) I want to take a dance class, who cares how old I am right?! I want to learn how to wakeboard when I go to Lake Powell in a couple of weeks. I want to go to the Salt Flats because it looks amazing in pictures and it's a new thing to see. I want to take a cooking class. I'm going to get me some new pots and pans and do something about that! I want to read more. I've just became a member of Shelfari which is GREAT!!! Go to www.shelfari.com and you can list all the books you have, books your currently reading and whatnot. You can add friends that are on there, and see what books they have and read their reviews on them. I did all of that tonight, and it's motivated me to want to read more. Learn things, absorb things, broaden my mind and teach me things. I need to get bigger variety in what I read, since I'm kind of picky about it. I thought I had more books than what I currently have... I was wrong. I've read more than what I have... I just didn't keep them all. My niece told me I should read this little teenage book, "Fablehaven" a year ago. I just got it tonight because she just loves it and so do my cousins.
Seize the day! Live life! Play hard! (Yeah I know, reading isn't playing hard... haha) I really truly need to do that more. I was watching a movie tonight and part of it was set in Russia. I thought to myself, I really want to travel abroad. I'm going to make that happen! If it takes me a few years to get where I want to go, then so be it! I'm going to get my passport so I can take off at a moments notice! (That'll be when I find me a sugar daddy no doubt! ha!) I'm sure this may not be new to anyone else, and they've certainly lived this way. I don't think I've been lazy or anything. I just haven't done MORE of it. It's hard when you don't have the means to do all the things you want. But I've decided I'm not going to let that hold me back. No matter what. I'm not going to be envious of what great things other people are doing, I'm going to say hey, that's great! and if it's something I want to do, then I need to put that in motion!! If you don't have a dream, how are you going to have a dream come true? Now that's really putting that into words.
I was going to plead temporary insanity and say excuse me for my random ramblings, for I have truly rambled. But I'm saying things that I've been thinking about today. I want to experience things... but it doesn't mean anything without friends and family. Guess that means ya'll are just going to have to do some of these things with me. ha! Book club anyone? Cooking class anyone? Dance class anyone?
1 comments:
Count me in!!! Especially for the taveling part lol
Post a Comment