Jalaine and I did something we've never done in our whole entire friendship. We both went and got our haircuts together last night and it was a fun time!! I had finally found a new hair girl that I just love, that my sister Lindsay had gone to and got her bangs cut and they were darling! So when Jalaine said she was wanting to get her bangs cut, I knew JUST the girl!!!
My first experience with Kim what when she cut 6 inches off my hair before I had my Cochlear Implant surgery, then had to cut another two inches off after I had my surgery. I hadn't been back since, and my hair had grown 3 inches since then! The math we did last night, it seems my hair will be a full head of hair by February! Whoo hoo!! So Jalaine was a little hesitant to cut her bangs, that she did a poll on her blog. I believe it was a 9 out of 10 vote for her to cut her bangs! I decided to make an appointment the second she got hesitant and said there was no backing out!!! Needless to say, we had to wait 2 weeks for our appointment and we found out last night it was because Kim had just gotten married! She texted me back while she was on her honeymoon to set up our appointment! (Well, it wasn't her actual honeymoon yet, but close!)
Jalaine was so funny yesterday, texting me what was basically a countdown. She was cracking me up. So on we went together for our double hair cut appointment. I thought it was a bit odd that we set that up, since I had never done it, but Kim said she has people that do it all the time. Kim's place is in the basement of her moms house, in a cute little room that seems to show her darling personality. I got my hair cut done first. I had no intentions of cutting my bangs, but by the end of the session, after talking about it (she thought I would look awesome with bangs straight across over... so does Jalaine.) but I couldn't do it. So she says, "Okay Leslie, we're going to cut a little bangs!" I was like, "Ummm, okay..." I ended up with a little sideswept bangs, which I actually like. It's not a drastic change, but it has added a couple more minutes to my hair schedule. Needless to say, this morning wasn't as successful as she made it look last night. Why can't Kim just do my hair everyday? Ü The thing I love about Kim, is she's pretty open with what she thinks will and won't look good on you with the type of hair your have and your face shape, but is not overbearing about it. I just love that about her!
Then it was Jalaine's turn! She was a pro, and I have to say, I love her new hair style and think it looks great on her! I think she liked Kim, and when we were leaving we both mentioned how fun it was. I asked Jalaine if she'd go to Kim again, and she says, "Yes, if you come too!" I'm certainly down! Although, I don't think I'm going to wait as long as I did to get my haircut. Ready to go in a month and a half or so Jalaine?! Ü
We ended the night with some Cafe Rio for dinner. Now that was all great fun!! Here's a couple pics! (Yes, we even took pictures, and Kim is even in some!) So if you need a new hair person, I've got just the girl for you!!
I know, silly, but here's a recent before picture...
Here we are!! So much fun!
Miss Kim! I'm so glad to finally find a hairdresser!!
9 comments:
What?! YOu posted the posted before I could post mine! Now I have to hurry and put some up on my blog LOL I guess everyone will see my "new do" on your blog :) It was a blast! Can't wait till next time, count me in!!!
I meant you posted the pictures? I didn't proof read LOL
I love your hair cut also! The before and after pictures-I love the after and how Kim shaped it!
I love the new do! When are we going to dinner again?
You both look darling--as if that's difficult! Very cute!
I'm a friend of Jalaines' and I wanted to see more pitures so I checked out your blog and got totally hooked. I had to continue reading all the other posts. LOVE the story about the Blackberry!! You are hilarious! Here's the address to my blog so you can know who in the heck is stalking you.
www.mymindisnotforrent.blogspot.com
Oh and the new cut is VERY cute.
I think it's a super cute cut! Very chic! We had a fun time at Disneyland but it was crowded! A friend who went at the beginning of the week said the year-round schools had the week off. At least it should be awesome when you go! Have the best time!
cute hair, both of you!! Love the bands in both cases
I love the new hair cuts!!! so cute!
You are beautiful as ever!!!!
Post a Comment