CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Goin' Back to Cali...

I just came back from a long trip down to California. I went for fun and for work. Every year my work puts on an Annual Users Conference for whoever can come. We alternate between Vegas and Salt Lake every year. Because this year is our 30th year being in business, the company decided to do something different and do the Users Conference in Disneyland. Since it was at Disneyland, most Towns and Cities didn't let their users come to the conference because it was thought of as "too fun and they wouldn't go to the classes", or the economy just wasn't good, or they couldn't bring their families etc. etc. Needless to say, it was our smallest attendance in a few years. But it was still fun!!! I didn't take a lot of pictures like I normally do on a trip! I usually have a record 250 - 400 pictures, and when I downloaded the pictures this morning there was a whopping record of 50 pictures!!! I don't know HOW that happened! lol.

I went down to Vegas on Friday with my Aunt and Uncle and their kids. We stayed over in Vegas and showed the kids around some of the cool shops. I was excited as I got to go the MAC store and buy things they don't sell here in Nordstrom. Always a must!!! We did the usual things you should do, Ceasars Forum shops, Bellagio Atrium and Fountains was great fun! I was disappointed in the M & M and Coke Factory. It was LAME. And I was more disappointed that that experience wasn't as fun for the kids as it used to be. Oh well.

Jack Sparrow was wondering around the Vegas strip in front of the fountains and I got the courage to get his attention and take a picture with him. Truly, he looked just like Johnny Depp and smiled like him and talked like him. HOT!!! Here's a lovely picture of this precious funny moment. Yip.


We stayed overnight at a Suite in Henderson. Thanks to my Uncle. Saturday we got up, ate breakfast, tried to get on the road but made a few stops on the way out to Vegas that it took us about 3 hours to get out of there! I did find a gorgeous red fake snakeskin purse, and some black boots for sale. Good stuff! We made it to California about 6 or so and got settled into the Condo where we stayed for a few days before we could check into the Disneyland hotel for conference. We played all day and night at Disneyland Sunday, Monday and part of Tuesday. Made it to Newport Beach for an hour or so on Tuesday as well. We had our conference for a full day on Wednesday and Thursday but made it out to both parks and Downtown Disney. Talk about how exhausting this trip was with all the walking, and playing! I even survived my first day at the conference wearing my 4 1/2 inch heels all day! WOOT! I was surprised at how much fun I actually had at Disneyland. It made me wish my nieces were there with me... I know they would have loved it and had so much fun!!! What an expensive trip this was, Disneyland was ridiculous in price!!! But worth the fun and memories. I know I won't be going there again for a long time so it was fun. Here are some pictures!!!

Me with my Uncle David and his kids on the pier at Newport Beach. Jana was taking the picture.


I was being soooo silly here. David was taking a while to take the picture I felt awkward, so I started playing around and David liked this pose. Yeah.... please ignore the double chin and fat rolls. lol.
You gotta take a picture on one of the letters for California Adventure of course!!! I know, goofy pose. What can I say, Disneyland turned me into a little kid. I actually enjoyed it!!


"You've gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find your Prince!"

I know, I know, before you say anything... I look so weird here because as I was on my way to "kiss" the frog (no, no, I wasn't REALLY going to kiss the frog, I was just thinking about all the germs that was on there as I was heading down to pose, I was making sure I wasn't going to actually kiss the frog! lol)

I didn't want to post all the pictures... but it was a fun trip, and I promised to blog. I was able to visit my mission after the Disneyland saga, and went to stay with people in Rancho Cucamonga and in Apple Valley. It was fun and nice and even a little bit weird to visit after so many years! I'll post a blog about that one later! Hope ya'll are doing well!!!

4 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

yeah for snakeskin purses and black boots! sounds like a very fun trip

ScottandTia said...

you and jack sparrow make a nice couple :) oh and...did you say you actually had fun???? leslie had fun at disneyland??? good for you. looks like it was fun. i'm jealous i didn't go lol

ScottandTia said...

oh and cute hair cut!!!

Jalaine Lassek said...

Too fun! We need to go back to California yes! :) And to Vegas, glad you had fun and I agree Disneyland does turn ya into a little kid.