CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Repelling!!

I went repelling for the first time tonight!! My uncle invited me to go repelling with his singles ward and usually when he invites me to their activities I've said no. This time I said yes! I thought, why not? I've never been, it's new and it's sponaneous for me! So off I went right after work!

We went up in Diamond Fork Canyon, the weather was gorgeous and perfect. We hiked up the rock mountain a little ways. It was pretty steap and had hairy moments in some places, but I made it to the top! Whoo hoo. It wasn't until I looked down the rock wall we were repelling down that my hands started to shake, and I eventually got sick to my stomach. I said to my uncle, "Ummm, I'm not sure I can do this anymore. But I want to do this! I have to do this!! I've come all this way that I really should do this!!!" After some random excuses that I was jokingly making, I finally got my harness and put it on. Okay, I will just say this, it took me a couple tries to get around the rock and get at a 90 degree angle with the rock and feel comfortable to slide myself on down. I held on so tight, but I didn't have to! But I made it! Once I touched the ground, I fell face flat on the wall with my legs shaking, arms and hands sore. lol. I will relax more next time! Yes, I will do this again for sure! It was so much fun!!!

Here's a few pictures from the adventure. You'll have to ignore my fatty rolls, I realized that I have to lose 100 pounds to look somewhat decent on these ropes. lol. UGH. At least I'm posting them! Be glad!!

This is the wall we repelled down... how does this look to you?!

Walking along the edge... sort of. It was freaking my uncle out to take this picture. haha.

The view of the look down the wall. Crazy steep huh? No wonder it got my hands shaking!

Here I am! Yee-haw!! Seriously, I was actually pretty freaked out here. lol. But it was SO MUCH FUN!!!!! What's next? Sky diving? hahahahahahah. Ya right.

2 comments:

Jalaine Lassek said...

I can't believe you did it!!! I would seriously freak out! LOL That's awesome you were able to go.

Melissa@thebblog said...

Looks like fun! I went as a beehive repelling but we didn't do anything nearly as scary as what you did! I was young and brave then - might not be now! Way to be tough.